This is a how to guide on how to Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPod touch 4g, iPad, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 3G on 4.0 to 4.1 firmware, and including 3.2.2 on the iPad using Limera1n on Windows. A mac guide will be out soon!
Limera1n RC2 (windows)
- Jailbreaks iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G
- Works on firmwares 4.0 – 4.1 + 3.2.2 on iPad
- The iPhone 3GS new bootrom bug has been fixed.
- AppleTV is technically supported, but theres no apps yet
- You may need to restart to get the Cydia icon.
- If you have problems jailbreaking try right clicking on limera1n.exe and running as admin and/or going to properties and enabling it to run in windows xp service pack 2 mode.
- If you have problems, remember this is buggy. Try it a few times or wait for a newer release.
- I had some issues at first but I updated to the latest version of iTunes and it fixed them.
- iPod Touch 2G support coming soon
- For iPhone 3G, use redsn0w (i have videos for mac and pc)